Monday, September 22, 2008

Cypher City Kings

Why "Cypher City"? And why do we call ourselves "Kings"? In the time frame of August 2007 until now, we've caused a lot of ruckus and regardless of what anyone says, we've done some damage. I mean that in the most humblest form possible! I find myself getting hungrier and hungrier and only wanting more. All throughout Cali, we've been called out and confronted...I love it! HAHA, I think that's a misconception that most people might have with us. It's not that we say we're kings to get others heated, it's something we hope to accomplish. Paulskeee always gives us shit about it, and when I regard his name; we give him the utmost respect and we love the fact that he looks out for us. "To be able to call yourself a 'KING', you have to be feared worldwide." I don't know if it's because we're just too stubborn to change/downgrade the name, or simply because we've grown attached to the name and just love defending it. We grew up watching cats like Optic, Joey Gold, and E-swift who carried that "TUFF ROCKIN'' persona. We represent Cypher City because we want everyone to get that feel that we do when we vibe out down here. Non of that bullshit pre-meditated rounds of choreographed sets, just straight up venting and cyphering.
Here's another piece of thought that I just wanted to throw out there. We don't give in to the mainstream mania, we simply do what we feel as dancers. Everything that we do revolves around what we provide for each other.

I know it's a day too early but here's another!

latin asscape - brownout

No comments: